Saturday, December 27, 2008

2009 is around the corner!

I can't believe 2009 is almost here. It has been a mixture of wonderful times and sad times. The sad, is watching a dear friends' health decline. Early on, when we knew it was terminal, I decided to focus on the right now. What can I do to honor my friend? The answer is to live everyday to the fullest. I can best serve her by being there, offering my hand in friendship to her and her family. I try not to let myself grieve yet, as she is still here in body. My memories with her are special and will be carried in my heart for the rest of my life. She is a wonderful person and friend. My most treasured moments were the many times we got together. She shared the experience of camping and kayaking with us. Now, we love to camp and kayak. She always encouraged me with my art and writing. Allowed me to be a part of her family as god-mother to her children. Thank you, Diane. I love you my wonderful friend.

The good times were spent with our friends and family. We enjoyed our time during our cruise to the Mexican Riveria, this past January, also trips to Pittsburgh, Pa; Traverse City, Mi; Park City; Wendover, NV; and a couple trips to Goodyear, Arizona to see Rob & Pam and grandkids. And, our trips to Pineview, to go camping & kayaking. How wonderful to have the opportunity to travel.

Good news - was when I sold my first short story, Mary's Christmas Wish to The Wild Rose Press. It topped the best seller list to #1 and maintained top seller for almost a month, (so far as it came out Dec 3rd) I finished writing my first book, Just Rewards Dec 31st 2007, and finished writing Madison's Lost Cowboy Oct. 10th 2008, and then went on to start another book, Nate's Lost & found Wife (WIP) Also, am reworking another short story for TWRP. Whew! it has been very busy and exciting.

2 comments:

TiGi said...

Sheryl, I'm so happy for your success and that you're busy and sound happy. I love seeing what sticking to something can do. Gives me hope. Great that you've been published.

Remember me? I wrote Windfalls for URWA for four years and took that class with you. We survived that, didn't we?

I have a blog. It's similar to Windfalls. I'd love to have you visit. It's a blog to inspire, encourage and support writers like us. http://tigiswindfallsforwriters.blogspot.com/
Can't express how proud of you I am. Good luck.

TiGi said...

Sheryl, I'm so proud of you. Remember me? I wrote Windfalls for the URWA newsletter for four years. We took a writing class together and got discouraged, but we stuck with it. Look where you are now.

I want to invite you to visit my blog, too. It's similar to my Windfalls column. I started it to inspire, encourage and support writers like me and I hope, you. http://tigiswindfallsforwriters.blogspot.com/