Monday, October 18, 2010

Where do I start after suffering from Writer's block?

Ok, it's been long enough having writer's block. Time for me to get back to what I enjoy doing.... Creating fun to read stories. Decided I'm probably going to rejoin my old critique group, if they'll have me. Since they were the ones I hung out with at HOW Conference, I'm guessing they'll have me! :) I'm not sure where to start - a new book, or work on the last book that is half finished or finally do my edits on the two books that are finished. Guess I need to look at my goals. I really wanted to get my pro-status this year, and the only way to do that is to send in to the Publishing houses. That's pretty scary. Not that I would get a rejection, but what if they want it? Then I'd have to perform.

FEAR - The thought is running around in my brain - 'What if I don't know how to write/edit anymore?' This is really what is holding me back. If I don't know where to start - then just sit down and do something. Everything needs to be done, pick something and do it. :)

No comments: