Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gratitude

This year's Thanksgiving is now just a memory. Reflecting on this holiday, I realized how grateful that I am to be blessed with a wonderful supportive husband. He is always encouraging me to write by giving me time, a beautiful office with special handmade furniture, and many gifts to make my writing easier like new computers when he thinks they are getting too old and other tools of a writers trade. In real life, he is my tall handsome hero. Also, I am grateful for my family. They too are supportive and give me lots of praise and kudos. This past weekend during a visit to our family in Arizona, my 13 year old granddaughter told me she followed my "Mary's Christmas Wish" when it first came out for the first couple of months as it hit the #1 spot for weeks on end. I was amazed she would be interested and track the story's progress. She told me how proud she was that she had an "author for a grandmother". The best compliment of all was when she told me she liked that I wrote stories that had good morals (and ethics). I overheard my 9 year old grandson tell someone that his grandma was an author! Guess I better get busy and live up to their high expectations of being an author by writing the best story I can. Thank you to all of my family members and great friends who support my writing, by giving me kudos, or purchasing my Christmas story. I am grateful to be truly blessed.

No comments: